ISFJ is one of the most common types from Myers-Briggs 16 personalities. Due to their caregiving nature, they are often mentioned as the Protectors. They are self-reserved and responsible people, who never forget doing their duties. They follow rules and like order in all areas of life and as a result, ISFJs seem disciplined, punctual, and practical people, full of real-life goals instead of abstract dreams.
Due to the fact that they aren’t considered very creative, you can hardly find the genius artists or outstanding composers of this personality. But still, there are plenty of famous people with ISFJ personalities including celebrities in today’s pop culture, the world’s professional athletes, or politicians. Besides, ISFJ personality is used in many movies, TV shows, books, or anime series.
These detail-oriented people tend to focus on other people’s needs and sometimes even put themselves behind others. That’s why they tend to have many friends. Despite their introverted nature, people around them often seek to interact with ISFJs.
List of Famous ISFJs
About 13% of the population have ISFJ (Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging) personalities. Considering it’s just one type from MBTI’s 16 personalities, it’s not surprising that there are many famous people with ISFJ personality types. So, check out the list of famous ISFJs and see how much they look like the Protectors that you know.
Celebrities with ISFJ Personality
ISFJs are not very creative people. However, they are empathetic and experience various emotions that they need to share with others. Since they are introverted, it’s not easy to share these feelings obviously. As a result, sometimes they become actors to express themselves through the roles they create. Here are the popular ISFJ celebrities of today.
- Michael Caine is the English actor, two-times Oscar winner, famous for collaborating with Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Interstellar, Inception, Going In Style, The Prestige, Tenet).
- Kim Kardashian – American TV personality, actress, businesswoman, and model, popular from reality series Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- Kanye West – American rapper, businessman, and politician, the ex-husband of Kim Kardashian who’s also an ISFJ.
- Elijah Wood – a talented actor and producer, widely known for portraying Frodo Baggins in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
- Gwyneth Paltrow – Academy and Golden-Globe winning actress and businesswoman, ex-wife of musician Chris Martin (Iron Man, Shakespeare in Love, Shallow Hal, Sev7en, Avengers: Endgame, Emma).
- Anne Hathaway – American actress, popular for romantic comedy movies (Devil Wears Prada, One Day, The Princess Diaries, The Dark Knight Rises, Ocean’s 8).
- Kristen Dunst – American actress, known as a child vampire Claudia from 1994’s movie Interview with the Vampire (Spider-Man, Melancholia, The Virgin Suicides).
Athletes with ISFJ Personality
ISFJs are not competitive people and therefore, it’s highly unlikely for them to become athletes and take part in championships. However, many tend to be skilled at the sport and often impress others with their exceptional skills. There are not many famous athletes with ISFJ personalities but let’s review a few of them.
- Tiger Woods – American professional golfer, one of the most famous athletes in the world.
- Kristi Yamaguchi – former American figure skater, two times World Champion in skating.
- Alessandro Nesta – former Italian football player, one of the greatest center backs, and a current football manager.
- Bradley Beal – professional basketball player, famous for playing in the NBA’s Washington Wizards.
Politicians with ISFJ Personality
ISFJs are responsible and practical people, oriented on details. They can be realistic and helpful leaders, focused on helping others, and committed to their responsibilities. Although they often get at the leadership positions, there are only a few exceptions of famous people with ISFJ personality types in politics.
- Jimmy Carter – American politician and philanthropist, the 39th president of the United States.
- Kate Middleton – a Duchess of Cambridge, member of a British royal family, a wife of Prince William since 2011.
- George Marshall – American soldier, popular figure during the Cold War, served the United States Army and was Chief of Staff under Roosevelt and Truman.
- King George VI – the Kind of the United Kingdom and from 1936 to 1952 and the last Emperor of India.
- Princess Mary of Denmark – the heir of the Danish throne, the wife of Frederik, a Crown Prince of Denmark.
Writers and Artists with ISFJ Personality
ISFJs find it hard to express their emotions publicly. That’s why sometimes they turn to art and share their thoughts and feelings with the unknown public. However, generally, average ISFJ writers prefer to present the facts instead of abstract ideas.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – a legendary British writer, widely known for creating famous detective Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
- John Bunyan – English Puritan writer, famous for creating the Christian allegory The Pilgrim’s Progress.
- Louisa May Alcott – American novelist and poet, widely known for the coming-of-age novel Little Women and its sequels.
- Norman Rockwell – American painter and illustrator, famous for creating illustrations for The Saturday Evening Post.
Fictional Characters with ISFJ Personality
Considering ISFJs’ orderly nature and focus on the details, it’s not surprising that Agatha Christie’s famous detective Hercule Poirot is this personality type. Besides, there are plenty of beloved characters that are believed to be ISFJs.
- Hercule Poirot – Belgian detective, Agatha Christie’s long-running character who appeared in 33 novels and two plays.
- Meg March – the oldest sister from the March sisters in the Little Women. She’s an ISFJ just like the author, Louisa May Alcott.
- Cinderella – Disney’s one of the most popular princesses, created by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.
- Narcissa Malfoy – a fictional wizard from J.K. Worling’s Harry Potter series, younger sister of Bellatrix Lestrange, and wife of Lucius Malfoy.
- Felicity Smoak – a fictional character from the CW’s popular TV series Arrow, known by her code name Overwatch.
- Aquaman – a fictional superhero of DC Comics, a half-Atlantean, half-human, portrayed by Jason Momoa.
- Prodrick Payne – a beloved character from HBO’s Game Of Thrones, a night of House Payne, served and accompanied Brianne of Tarth.
- Nezuko Kamado – the main character of the fantasy-horror manga and anime series Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Luca – a protagonist and kindhearted character from Berserk anime and manga series, a former refugee in Albion.