Did you know plenty of celebrities of the world are ISTPs? Once you look at the list of famous people with ISTP personality, you can find many widely admired Hollywood stars like Clint Eastwood, Demi Moore, Tom Cruise, Woody Allen, etc. But besides, ISTPs are known to be outstanding athletes such as Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Just take a look at the list of popular ISTPs and see what these stars have in common.
ISTPs are logical and rational people who enjoy taking risks and participating in challenges. They are open to new experiences and believe that risks are vital for being more confident. That’s why they tend to enjoy dangerous activities, including aggressive sports. Considering ISTPs seek out adventures, it’s not surprising that there are plenty of famous people with ISTP personalities that are known to be adventures (Sally Ride and Alan Shepard are just a few of the examples).
ISTPs are self-confident people who base their judgments on objective information instead of subjective feelings or speculation. Since they often avoid talking about their emotions, they are a bit hard to get to know. Introversion doesn’t stop them from having an easy-going attitude towards others.
List Of Famous ISTPs
ISTPs are Introverted (I), Sensing (S), Thinking (T), and Perceiving (P) people, frequently referred to as the Crafters. Their dedication towards action and freedom is one of the reasons why there are plenty of famous people with ISTP personalities. Let’s take a look at widely known ISTP actors, filmmakers, musicians, athletes, and fictional characters.
Actors with ISTP Personality
ISTPs are not considered as good actors. They are rational people with practical skills and you can hardly find creative ISTPs. Surprisingly though, there are plenty of famous people with ISTP personality types in Hollywood. Each of the stars from the list above is known for their exceptional acting skills.
- Tom Cruise – American actor and producer (Mission: Impossible, Top Gun, The Last Samurai, Interview with the Vampire, Vanilla Sky).
- Scarlett Johansson – one of the world’s highest-paid actresses (Black Widow, The Avengers, Lucy, Lost In Translation, Jojo Rabbit, Iron Man).
- Demi Moore – one of the most influential American actresses in Hollywood (Indecent Proposal, Striptease, Ghost, Charlie’s Angels, A Few Good Man, Disclosure).
- Christian Bale – popular English actor, known for his diverse characters and epic transformations (The Dark Knight trilogy, American Psycho, American Hustle, The Machinist, The Prestige).
- Olivia Wilde – American actress, known as “Thirteen” from House series (In Time, Rush, Year One, Tron: Legacy, The Next Three Days).
- Kristen Stewart – a young American actress, rose to fame for portraying Bella Swan in The Twilight Saga series (Snow White and the Huntsman, Panic Room, Into The Wild).
- Daniel Craig – English Actor, known for portraying James Bond (Casino Royale, No Time To Die, Spectre, Skyfall).
Directors with ISTP Personality
ISTPs are great at leadership positions. That’s one of the reasons why they can be effective directors. Their flexibility and hands-on approach lead ISTPs to create unforgettable movies in a short period of time. The world’s many famous people with ISTP personality types are widely appreciated filmmakers.
- Clint Eastwood – American actor and director, famous for Western movies (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Million Dollar Baby, Dirty Harry. Unforgiven).
- Woody Allen – popular American director, writer, comedian, and actor (Annie Hall, Midnight in Paris, Manhattan, A Rainy Day in New York).
- Stanley Kubrick – one of the greatest directors in the history of the movie industry (Eyes Wide Shut, The Shining, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange).
- Ridley Scott – British sci-fi movie director (The Kingdom Of Heaven, The Martian, Alien, Hannibal, Exodus: Gods And Kings).
- Michael Mann – American filmmaker, popular for directing crime movies (The Last of the Mohicans, Public Enemies, Collateral, Ali, The Insider, Blackhat).
Musicians with ISTP Personality
As we already said, ISTPs are not very creative people. However, they are extremely dedicated to working. Therefore, if ISTP dreams to be a musician, chances are high that they can make it come true because they will do anything to become technically proficient in the music they create.
- Frank Sinatra – one of the best-selling musicians and the most influential singer in the 20th century.
- Noel Gallagher – American singer and songwriter, popular for being lead guitarist and co-singer of the rock band Oasis.
- Eminem – the most widely known rapper, one of the best-selling rappers of all time.
- Snoop Dogg – another ISTP American rapper, he’s also an actor, businessman, and TV personality.
- Jimmy Page – the founder and the guitarist of the famous rock band Led Zeppelin.
- Keith Richards – co-founder and the main guitarist of the 1970’s popular rock band The Rolling Stones.
Athletes with ISTP Personality
Orientation on the details helps ISTPs to become professional athletes. They always have an eye on the opponent which makes them invincible. It doesn’t really matter which sport they prefer, ISTPs tend to show off their great skills on the field.
- Kobe Bryant – a former professional basketball player of the popular NBA team Los Angeles Lakers.
- Michael Jordan – a legend of basketball, a former professional player of Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards.
- Venus Williams – American professional tennis player, one of the best female athletes in tennis.
- Ayrton Senna – a former Brazilian reading driver who won Formula One several times.
Movie Characters with ISTP Personality
Movie characters with ISTP personalities tend to be strong, practical people. The majority of them are protagonists, due to their kind-hearted nature. All of these characters stand out with their dedication towards their goals and power to protect their rights.
- Tris Prior – the main protagonist of the Divergent series, portrayed by Shailene Woodley.
- Peter Pettigrew – one of the major antagonists in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter, also known as Wormtail.
- Aragorn – one of the main protagonists in J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by Viggo Mortensen.
- Catwoman – the most famous female character in DC Comics, often associated with Batman.
- Jacob Black – a werewolf in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series, portrayed by Taylor Lautner.
- James Bond – a fictional secret agent, created by Ian Fleming. Daniel Craig, one of the actors who played him, is also ISTJ.
- Arya Stark – one of the most beloved characters and protagonists from HBO’s Game Of Thrones, portrayed by Maisie Williams.