ESFJs or Caregivers are some of the most empathetic people from the MBTI. They find other people’s emotions really important and try hard to take care of everyone around them. Due to their extraversion, ESFJs enjoy communicating with others and feel comfortable in social situations.
ESFJs are friendly and encouraging people who believe that helping others is their duty. They are very sensitive to others’ feelings and easily get hurt by the injustice of the world. Since they also enjoy being liked by others, sometimes people think that their desire to improve others’ life is not sincere and they expect something in return. Actually, they are just naturally kind-hearted.
Famous people with ESFJ personality types often try to show that they are nothing exceptional and live in the same way as others. As a result, they often become social activists and take care of human rights. Besides, plenty of ESFJ celebrities are involved either in the music or sports industry.
- 1 List Of Famous ESFJs
- 1.1 Actors with ESFJ Personality
- 1.2 Musicians with ESFJ Personality
- 1.3 Politicians with ESFJ Personality
- 1.4 Entrepreneurs with ESFJ Personality
- 1.5 Athletes with ESFJ Personality
- 1.6 Fictional Characters with ESFJ Personality
- 1.7 Filmmakers with ESFJ Personality
- 1.8 Writers and Journalists with ESFJ Personality
- 2 ESFJ Famous People: Overview
List Of Famous ESFJs
ESFJs (Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging) are people who adore stability and are prone to solve conflicts. As a result, they can be interesting politicians and athletes. However, there are more famous people with ESFJ personality types in the entertainment industry. Let’s take a look at the popular ESFJs of today’s world.
Actors with ESFJ Personality
Plenty of the most beloved actors of Hollywood are believed to be ESFJs. They enjoy portraying real-life people but have starred in many fictional stories as well. Many ESFJ actors are considered the most talented actors and actresses of today’s movie industry.
- Anne Hathaway – a popular American actress, mainly known for romantic comedies (Devil Wears Prada, The Princess Diaries, The Dark Knight Rises, Love & Other Drugs). Sometimes she’s believed to be ISFJ.
- Hugh Jackman – an Australian actor and producer, especially popular in the Marvel universe (The Wolverine, X-Men, Logan, Van Helsing, Les Miserables).
- Jessica Biel – American actress, producer, and model (Total Recall, Balde: Trinity, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Illusionist, Next).
- Jennifer Garner – American actress and producer (13 Going On 30, Miracles from Heaven, Daredevil, Pearl Harbor, Juno).
- Dianna Agron – American actress, singer, and dancer, popular for starring in Fox’s TV series Glee (I Am Number Four, The Romantics, Novitiate).
- Evan Rachel Wood – American actress and musician (Westworld, Thirteen, Across the Universe, Frozen).
- Vin Diesel – one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood (The Fast and the Furious, Saving Private Ryan, Bloodshot).
Musicians with ESFJ Personality
The majority of famous people with ESFJ personality types, involved in the music industry, are pop singers and songwriters. However, they also like other genres such as country or hip hop. Here is the list of famous ESFJ musicians of today.
- Alicia Keys – American R&B, soul and pop singer and songwriter.
- Whitney Houston – American actress and singer, one of the best-selling musicians of all time.
- Selena Gomez – the young American actress and singer, rose to fame as a Disney star and teen idol.
- Mariah Carey – American singer and songwriter, famous for her wide range of vocals. (All I Want For Christmas Is You).
- Ed Sheeran – English pop singer and songwriter, one of the most popular musicians of today.
- Jennifer Lopez – one of the most iconic figures in the music industry, an American singer, dancer, and actress.
Politicians with ESFJ Personality
Even though there are a lot of popular politicians in the world that are believed to be ESFJs, they don’t really like taking part in politics. However, one of their goals is to improve society and develop the world and that’s why they often choose a political path in their careers.
- Colin Powell – American politician, a retired general of the United States Secretary of State.
- Prince William – Duke of Cambridge, a member of the British royal family.
- John F. Kennedy – one of the most famous presidents of the United States until his assassination.
- William McKinley – 25th president of the United States who was also assassinated.
- John Connally – American politician who was once Democrat and later became Republican.
Entrepreneurs with ESFJ Personality
ESFJ is one of the most common personality types for entrepreneurs and businessmen. Their practical nature helps them to turn their creative ideas into business. As a result, many famous ESFJs have successful careers.
- Sam Walton – American entrepreneur and businessman, a founder of Walmart and Sam’s Club.
- Andrew Carnegie – Scottish-American industrialist, one of the richest Americans of the 19th century.
- Victoria Beckham – English singer, fashion designer, and entrepreneur, a wife of David Beckham.
- Colonel Sanders – American businessman, a founder of fast-food company Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC).
Athletes with ESFJ Personality
ESFJs can easily focus on details and develop effective strategies in order to defeat opponents on the field. That’s why the world’s famous basketball, football, or other sports players have this personality type. Each of them is an outstanding athlete in their field.
- Kylian Mbappé – French professional football player of Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain.
- Lebron James – one of the most famous basketball players of the NBA, plays for the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Brian Scalabrine – a former professional basketball player of NBA’s Boston Celtics, nicknamed as “White Mamba”.
- Nancy Kerrigan – a former figure skater and actress, considered one of the most talented female athletes.
- Joe Gibbs – a former professional football player and former coach of the Washington Redskins.
Fictional Characters with ESFJ Personality
ESFJs in movies and TV shows tend to be typical girly characters like Alison from Pretty Little Liars or Caroline from The Vampire Diaries. They are also superheroes and strong characters. Most fictional ESFJs are the protagonists.
- Alison DiLaurentis – the main character of Sara Shepard’s novel Pretty Little Liars, portrayed by Sasha Pieterse in the CW’s adaptation.
- Caroline Forbes – a fictional vampire in the popular teen TV show The Vampire Diaries, a friend of the main protagonist Elena Gilbert.
- Dean Winchester – the main protagonist of the CW’s TV series Supernatural, a brother of Sam Winchester.
- Hercules – a fictional hero of Disney’s animation of the same name, a son of the Greek god, Zeus.
- Sansa Stark – the lady of Winterfell, the member of the Stark family from HBO’s Game Of Thrones.
- Yuga Aoyama – a recurring character of manga and anime series My Hero Academia.
Filmmakers with ESFJ Personality
ESFJs are practical people. They enjoy bringing their creative ideas to life and that’s why they often become either directors or scriptwriters. Creating interesting plots and engaging the audience are natural activities for them. Consequently, many famous filmmakers are believed to be ESFJs.
- Lilly Wachowski – one of the most influential film directors, alongside her sister Lana Wachowski who is believed to be INFP; originally known as Andy and Larry Wachowskis (The Matrix movies, Cloud Atlas, Bound, V for Vendetta, Assassins).
- Ron Howard – a famous American film director, actor, and producer (The Da Vinci Code, A Beautiful Mind, Rush, Angels & Demons, Apollo 13, American Graffiti).
- Julie Dash – American movie director, producer, and writer who graduated from the UCLA Film School (Daughters of the Dust, The Rosa Parks Story, Illusions, Funny Valentines, Love Song, Four Women).
- Tom Hooper – British-Australian director and producer, famous for creating Award-winning movies such as Les Misérables and The Danish Girl.
- Ruba Nadda – another female ESFJ director, a Canadian filmmaker who made notable sot movies such as Lost Woman Story, Interstate Love Story, and So Far Gone (Cairo Time, October Gale, Sabah, Inescapable).
Writers and Journalists with ESFJ Personality
As MBTI experts prove, writing is a typical activity for Intuitive (I) people. Even more, journalism is considered as one of the professions that ESFJs should avoid but still, practice shows that ESFJs make fantastic writers and journalists. The following six ESFJ celebrities are the evidence that people with this personality type can be great authors and journalists.
- Larry King – American TV and radio host who was famous for Larry King Live and CNN’s other popular programs. Died in 2021, at the age of 87.
- Andy Rooney – American radio and TV writer, widely known for CBS’s program 60 Minutes and the broadcast A Few Minutes with Andy Rooney; died at the age of 92.
- Chris Wallace – American journalist and a TV news anchor; best known for hosting the Fox News’ Fox News Sunday, popular for his tough interviewing style.
- Barbara Walters – a former American broadcast journalist, TV host, and writer, hosted a lot of TV shows including 20/20, ABC Evening News, Today, and The View.
ESFJ Famous People: Overview
After taking a look at the list of ESFJ famous people, we can probably say that people with this personality type are destined to be successful. But their attentive nature and dedication to work are also important reasons why ESFJs often get what they want and achieve success. These people tend to be very emotional, trying to take care of their friends, families, and other people they care about. Although sensitivity sometimes can become problematic for celebrities, famous ESFJs manage to express their emotions at work while acting, singing, or creating movies.
The fact that they place a great emphasis on emotions is evident in their interviews and speeches as well. The same applies to ESFJ characters. In fact, all the characters we discussed are known to be sensitive and empathetic. They are always looking for harmony, searching for a sense of freedom either at work or at home.