Did you know that ESTJs are known as Directors? Surprisingly though, you can hardly find a single director in the movie industry with this personality type. On the other hand, there are many actors, athletes, TV hosts, or other famous people with ESTJ personality types. These people are extroverts who admire social situations and like to be surrounded by others. In fact, that’s what most celebrities do all the time and therefore, it’s no wonder why ESTJs enjoy being so popular.
ESTJs have a rather traditional approach to life. They usually follow old rules instead of creating new ones. The reason is that they are a bit perfectionist people and don’t want to be mistaken in the middle of their life path. Besides, they are judging people and think others should also think the same way as they do. As a result, they often argue with people.
Due to their focus on traditions, sometimes ESTJs are believed to be rigid and stubborn people with fixed attitudes towards all areas of life. But also, they are very practical and stable which is why they can easily take leadership positions.
- 1 List Of Famous ESTJs
- 2 ESTJ Famous People: Overview
List Of Famous ESTJs
Since ESTJs (Extraverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging) make great leaders, they tend to be successful in politics as well. Today there are plenty of famous people with ESTJ personality types in politics, as well as in Hollywood or the sports industry. Most importantly, a significant number of famous ESTJs are TV personalities because of their great social skills. Let’s explore the list of ESTJ famous people who are believed to be the Directors.
Actors with ESTJ Personality
By taking a look at the list of famous actors with ESTJ personalities, we can certainly say that most of them have great acting skills. However, as you can see, most of them tend to be female actresses. Probably, their practical skills help ESTJs to memorize scripts and inspire people.
- Alec Baldwin – American actor, writer, and producer who is also a political activist (Beetlejuice, It’s Complicated, Pearl Harbor, The Departed, The Edge).
- Courteney Cox – American actress, director, and producer who became popular for portraying Monica Geller in the NBC’s sitcom Friends (Scream, The Longest Yard, Ace Ventura).
- Uma Thurman – an American actress, popular for romantic comedies, sci-fi, and action movies, often collaborates with Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, KIll Bill, Gattaca, The Avengers, Batman, and Robin).
- Lucy Liu American television and movie actress (Charlie’s Angels, Kill Bill, Tinker Bell, Lucky Number Slevin).
- Daisy Ridley – an English actress who became popular after portraying Rey in the Star Wars sequel trilogy (Murder on the Orient Express, Ophelia, Peter Rabbit, Chaos Waling).
- Emma Watson – an English actress and feminist, became popular after starring in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter movies (Beauty and the Beast, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Little Woman).
Politicians with ESTJ Personality
ESTJs are naturally prone to step into politics. The main reason is that they make great leaders and to be a successful politician, one needs to have managing skills. They are logical, result-oriented people who like to follow the rules. However, sometimes they can bring innovative approaches to their country as well.
- Margaret Thatcher – the longest-serving British prime minister, widely known as “Iron Lady”.
- Kamala Harris – American politician, current vice president of the United States, and a representative of the Democratic Party.
- Michelle Obama – former First Lady of the United States, a wife of Barack Obama.
- Theresa May – a former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and leader of the Conservative Party.
TV Hosts with ESTJ Personality
In order to lead a television show, you need to have great speaking skills. Extroverts usually find it easy to speak in front of large audiences and, respectively, ESTJs can be great TV personalities. In fact, the many famous people with ESTJ personality types are TV journalists but mostly, they are political or talk show hosts instead of just regular journalists.
- Dr. Phil – American psychologist and TV personality who became famous from The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Piers Morgan – an English journalist and TV personality, best known as co-presenter of Good Morning Britain.
- Kris Jenner – American TV personality and businesswoman, a member of the Kardashian family, popular for Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- Megyn Kelly – American journalist, political commentator, and news anchor, a former host of Fox News and NBC News.
- Bill O’Reilly – American journalist, former host of CBS News and ABC News.
- Nancy Grace – American TV journalist and legal commentator, a former host of night celebrity news Nancy Grace.
Athletes with ESTJ Personality
ESTJ people are not generally considered great athletes. Since teamwork is not something enjoyable for them, sometimes they find it hard to coordinate with other players on the field. However, they like to lead others and that’s why they can be great coaches. But there are a few exceptions of great ESTJ players as well.
- Jimmy Butler – a professional basketball player, popular for playing in the NBA’s Miami Heat.
- Pat Summitt – a former head coach of women’s basketball in the University of Tennessee Lady Vols.
- Bruno Fernandes – a popular Portuguese professional football player, a player of Premier League club Manchester United.
- Michael Bisping – a retired martial artist, former UFC Middleweight Champion, currently a sports commentator and analyst.
Fictional Characters with ESTJ Personality
Unlike many personality types from MBTI that are clear protagonists or antagonists, ESTJs are both positive and negative characters. However, the majority of ESTJ protagonists, like Draco Malfoy and Darth Vader, are kind-hearted deep down.
- Hermione Granger – a clever young wizard, the fictional character of J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series. She’s ESTJ just like the actress Emma Watson who portrayed her.
- Draco Malfoy – one of the main antagonists of Harry Potter, a rival of Harry Potter, portrayed by Tom Felton.
- Monica Geller – one of the most beloved characters from the American sitcom Friends. She’s ESTJ just like Courtney Cox.
- Regina George – the main antagonist of teen romantic comedy Mean Girls, played by Rachel McAdams.
- Sokka – a fictional character from Nickelodeon’s animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Nobara Kugisaki – one of the most badass female characters in the history of anime series, a character of Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen.
- Darth Vader – the main antagonist of George Lucas’s Star Wars original trilogy, and a protagonist in the prequel series.
- Robb Stark – a fictional character from George R.R. Martin’s A Song Of Ice And Fire and its adaptation Game Of Thrones, the eldest son of Eddard Stark.
Musicians with ESTJ Personality
ESTJs are not considered very creative people. Being a musician is not something natural for them. However, it’s true only about the majority of people and it doesn’t mean that there aren’t exceptions in the music industry. Let’s take a look at notable singers or songwriters who are believed to be ESTJs.
- Frank Sinatra – American singer and actor who is considered as one of the greatest performers of all time. Also, one of the best-selling musicians in the world (“New York, New York”, “All or Nothing at All”, “You’re Getting to Be a Habit”, “My Funny Valentine”).
- Conway Twitty – American country singer, the winner of Country Music Association awards; also popular in the rock and roll, R&B, and pop genres (“You’ve Never Been This Far Before”, “Don’t Take It Away”, “After the Fire Is Gone”).
- Pat Boone – an American singer, composer, actor, and TV personality became famous for his pop hits in the ‘50s (“Speedy Gonzalez”, “Sealed with a Kiss”, “Love Letters in the Sand”).
- Trisha Yearwood – American musician, actress, writer, and TV personality; an author of the 1990’s hit “She’s in Love with the Boy” (“Walkaway Joe”, “XXX’s And OOO’s”, “Georgia Rain”).
Anime Characters with ESTJ Personality
ESTJ characters from anime and manga series tend to be many peoples’ favorites. Such kind fictional characters love order and organization and can be effective leaders. They easily manage the team, thanks to their excellent teamwork skills. The following anime characters are believed to be self-confident, logical, and practical.
- Jean Kirstein – a character of anime and manga series Attack on Titan, the 6th best Gadet among the 104th Cadet corps.
- Asuka Langley Sohryu – one of the main female fictional characters of the anime the Neon Genesis Evangelion, the second child, and a pilot of the Evangelion Project.
- Kanji Tatsumi – one of the main characters of the video game Persona 4, a first-year student at Yasogami High School.
- Nobara Kugisaki – an important character from the manga and anime series Jujutsu Kaisen, considered as tritagonist, one of the three first-year students at Jujutsu High.
ESTJ Famous People: Overview
ESTJs are extremely dedicated to their beliefs and goals. They are hard-working, diligent, and dependable, with amazing management skills. These personality traits can be easily seen if you take a look at the interviews or social media posts of ESTJ celebrities. Unlike many people in today’s entertainment industry, ESFJ famous people never try to stand out and behave extraordinarily. Instead, they easily manage to make fans fall in love with them with their humble and quiet nature.
However, they enjoy interacting with people. The reason is that ESTJs are extremely committed to improving the world and making it a better place. For example, Emma Watson and Michele Obama, who are believed to be ESTJs, are trying hard to take care of vulnerable people and work hard to achieve success. Even if they don’t want to, hard work always pays off, and consequently, everyone notices their effort and appreciates them. That’s why those ESTJ actors, musicians, athletes, or politicians managed to make history.