Did you know that ESTJs are known as Directors? Surprisingly though, you can hardly find a single director in the movie industry with this personality type. On the other hand, there are many actors, athletes, TV hosts, or other famous people with ESTJ personality types. These people are extroverts who admire social situations and like to be surrounded by others. In fact, that’s what most celebrities do all the time and therefore, it’s no wonder why ESTJs enjoy being so popular.
ESTJs have a rather traditional approach to life. They usually follow old rules instead of creating new ones. The reason is that they are a bit perfectionist people and don’t want to be mistaken in the middle of their life path. Besides, they are judging people and think others should also think the same way as they do. As a result, they often argue with people.
Due to their focus on traditions, sometimes ESTJs are believed to be rigid and stubborn people with fixed attitudes towards all areas of life. But also, they are very practical and stable which is why they can easily take leadership positions.
List Of Famous ESTJs
Since ESTJs (Extraverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging) make great leaders, they tend to be successful in politics as well. Today there are plenty of famous people with ESTJ personality types in politics, as well as in Hollywood or the sports industry. Most importantly, a significant number of famous ESTJs are TV personalities because of their great social skills. Let’s explore the list of famous people who are believed to be the Directors.
Actors with ESTJ Personality
By taking a look at the list of famous actors with ESTJ personalities, we can certainly say that most of them have great acting skills. However, as you can see, most of them tend to be female actresses. Probably, their practical skills help ESTJs to memorize scripts and inspire people.
- Alec Baldwin – American actor, writer, and producer who is also a political activist (Beetlejuice, It’s Complicated, Pearl Harbor, The Departed, The Edge).
- Courteney Cox – American actress, director, and producer who became popular for portraying Monica Geller in the NBC’s sitcom Friends (Scream, The Longest Yard, Ace Ventura).
- Uma Thurman – an American actress, popular for romantic comedies, sci-fi, and action movies, often collaborates with Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, KIll Bill, Gattaca, The Avengers, Batman, and Robin).
- Lucy Liu American television and movie actress (Charlie’s Angels, Kill Bill, Tinker Bell, Lucky Number Slevin).
- Daisy Ridley – an English actress who became popular after portraying Rey in the Star Wars sequel trilogy (Murder on the Orient Express, Ophelia, Peter Rabbit, Chaos Waling).
- Emma Watson – an English actress and feminist, became popular after starring in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter movies (Beauty and the Beast, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Little Woman).
Politicians with ESTJ Personality
ESTJs are naturally prone to step into politics. The main reason is that they make great leaders and to be a successful politician, one needs to have managing skills. They are logical, result-oriented people who like to follow the rules. However, sometimes they can bring innovative approaches to their country as well.
- Margaret Thatcher – the longest-serving British prime minister, widely known as “Iron Lady”.
- Kamala Harris – American politician, current vice president of the United States and a representative of the Democratic Party.
- Michelle Obama – former First Lady of the United States, a wife of Barack Obama.
- Theresa May – a former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and leader of the Conservative Party.
TV Hosts with ESTJ Personality
In order to lead a television show, you need to have great speaking skills. Extroverts usually find it easy to speak in front of large audiences and, respectively, ESTJs can be great TV personalities. In fact, the many famous people with ESTJ personality types are TV journalists but mostly, they are political or talk show hosts instead of just regular journalists.
- Dr. Phil – American psychologist and TV personality who became famous from The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Piers Morgan – an English journalist and TV personality, best known as co-presenter of Good Morning Britain.
- Kris Jenner – American TV personality and businesswoman, a member of the Kardashian family, popular for Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- Megyn Kelly – American journalist, political commentator, and news anchor, a former host of Fox News and NBC News.
- Bill O’Reilly – American journalist, former host of CBS News and ABC News.
- Nancy Grace – American TV journalist and legal commentator, a former host of night celebrity news Nancy Grace.
Athletes with ESTJ Personality
ESTJ people are not generally considered great athletes. Since teamwork is not something enjoyable for them, sometimes they find it hard to coordinate with other players on the field. However, they like to lead others and that’s why they can be great coaches. But there are a few exceptions of great ESTJ players as well.
- Jimmy Butler – a professional basketball player, popular for playing in the NBA’s Miami Heat.
- Pat Summitt – a former head coach of women’s basketball in the University of Tennessee Lady Vols.
- Bruno Fernandes – a popular Portuguese professional football player, a player of Premier League club Manchester United.
- Michael Bisping a retired martial artist, former UFC Middleweight Champion, currently a sports commentator and analyst.
Fictional Characters with ESTJ Personality
Unlike many personality types from MBTI that are clear protagonists or antagonists, ESTJs are both positive and negative characters. However, the majority of ESTJ protagonists, like Draco Malfoy and Darth Vader, are kind-hearted deep down.
- Hermione Granger – a clever young wizard, the fictional character of J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series. She’s ESTJ just like the actress Emma Watson who portrayed her.
- Draco Malfoy – one of the main antagonists of Harry Potter, a rival of Harry Potter, portrayed by Tom Felton.
- Monica Geller – one of the most beloved characters from the American sitcom Friends. She’s ESTJ just like Courtney Cox.
- Regina George – the main antagonist of teen romantic comedy Mean Girls, played by Rachel McAdams.
- Sokka – a fictional character from Nickelodeon’s animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Nobara Kugisaki – one of the most badass female characters in the history of anime series, a character of Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen.
- Darth Vader – the main antagonist of George Lucas’s Star Wars original trilogy, and a protagonist in the prequel series.
- Robb Stark – a fictional character from George R.R. Martin’s A Song Of Ice And Fire and its adaptation Game Of Thrones, the eldest son of Eddard Stark.