INFJs are people of rare talent. Many of the world’s famous INFJ leaders, authors, musicians, or scientists made enormous changes to the world and influenced millions of people. Their unique vision usually helps them to see the world from different perspectives and create their own way of living.
INFJs are also called Advocates. People with this personality type are believed to be the rarest form Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test, as they make up only about 1% of the population. They are idealist and creative people who are in constant search of changing already existing norms and creating a better world. Having said that, you won’t be surprised that some of the famous people with INFJ personality types are Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Fyodor Dostoevsky, and even Adolph Hitler.
But we can spot plenty of INFJs in today’s pop culture and movie industry as well. The main difference between these people from other celebrities is that they always think about the purpose of life and avoid following simple rules. Let’s discuss famous people of INFJ personality who are believed to be the most stubborn and perfectionist types from the MBTI.
List Of Famous INFJs
Not surprisingly at all, many famous people and inspirational figures are believed to have INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging) personalities. Below you can take a list of actors, musicians, movie characters, authors, politicians, and historical figures who are widely known as INFJs.
Actors with INFJ Personality
Their Feeling (F) personality function, empathy, and creative personality traits help INFJs to have successful careers in the movie industry. They can easily put themselves in other people’s shows and look at the world from different perspectives. As a result, INFJs effectively portray characters of different personalities.
- Nicole Kidman – Australia-American actress and producer (Eyes Wide Shut, Moulin Rouge, The Others, Aquaman, Australia).
- Mel Gibson – actor, director, and screenwriter (Braveheart, The Passion of the Christ, Lethal Weapon, Mad Max, Hacksaw Ridge).
- Michelle Pfeiffer – actress, known for playing in various movie genres (Scarface, Batman Returns, Dangerous Minds, Stardust, Ant-Man and the Wasp).
- Edward Norton – one of the most talented actors of his generation (American History X, Primal Fear, Fight Club, Red Dragon, Birdman, Motherless Brooklyn).
- Rooney Mara – popular for playing Lisabeth Salander in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Her, CArol, The Social Network, Mary Magdalene).
- Tilda Swinton – Scottish actress and model (The Chronicles of Narnia, Doctor Strange, We Need to Talk About Kevin, Only Lovers Left Alive).
- Al Pacino – legendary American actor (The Godfather, Scarface, Heat, Scent of a Woman, The Devil’s Advocate).
- Benedict Cumberbatch – British actor, known as Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock, Doctor Strange, The Imitation Game, Star Trek, Hobbit).
Musicians with INFJ Personality
Due to their creative potential, most famous people with INFJ personalities are into art. People of such a rare talent usually prefer to become either actors, artists, filmmakers, scriptwriters, or something like this, instead of performing on the stage. However, today’s music industry has plenty of examples of successful INFJ singers.
- Marilyn Manson – one of the most eccentric male rock singers, known for his weird personality and style.
- Taylor Swift – the former country singer and songwriter, later switched to pop music.
- George Harrison – English musician, lead guitarist of the Liverpoolian rock band The Beatles.
- Sufjan Stevens – Academy and Grammy-winning indie-folk singer and multi-instrumentalist musician.
- Birdy – young British indie-folk singer and songwriter, widely known for her debut single Skinny Love.
- Leonard Cohen – legendary Canadian folk musician and poet.
- Lady Gaga – another eccentric musician who recently started acting in movies as well.
Politicians with INFJ Personality
The main reason why INFJs are successful politicians is that they adjust their self-development goals to the development of society. As a result, they put all of their efforts into improving the world. Not surprisingly, the world’s most famous leaders were INFJs.
- Adolf Hitler – dictator of Nazi Germany, a central figure of World War II and the Holocaust.
- Mahatma Gandhi – one of the greatest politicians and a spiritual leader of the non-violent independence movement of India against British rules.
- Eleanor Roosevelt – famous political figure, activist, and diplomat, a wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt, the former first lady of the United States.
- Martin Luther King Jr. – the ladder of the American civil rights movement in the 1960s, a famous spokesperson.
Scientists and Philosophers with INFJ Personality
INFJs are deep people with great knowledge and experience to share with others. While some of them enjoyed creating theories and sharing their knowledge, others preferred to switch to science and become either psychologists or linguists.
- Noam Chomsky – American linguist, cognitive scientist, and philosopher, and author of Syntactic Structures.
- Plato – one of the most influential philosophers of ancient times, the founder of Western political philosophy.
- Carl Jung – famous Swiss psychologist, the founder of analytic psychology.
Authors with INFJ Personality
INFJs enjoy working alone and writing down their creative ideas. When it comes to expressing their feelings and thoughts, most times, they naturally turn to writing books. Many famous people with INFJ personality types were or are authors.
- Leo Tolstoy – the influential Russian writer, received a Nobel Prize in Literature (Anna Karenina, War and Peace).
- Agatha Christie – the most famous mystery writer, Queen of Detectives (Murder on the Orient Express, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, Death on the Nile).
- Dante Alighieri – Italian poet and philosopher, author of Divine Comedy,
- Fyodor Dostoevsky – iconic Russian writer and philosopher, known for his controversial characters (Crime and Punishment, The Idiot, The Possessed, The Brothers Karamazov).
- Steven King – modern American horror and fiction author (Carrie, The Shining, Misery, The Dark Tower Series).
Fictional Characters with INFJ Personality
Most fictional characters with INFJ personalities tend to be introverted types, typical heroes, or kind people who hate to be at the center of attention but fascinate people with their impressive skills or ideas.
- Jon Snow – the main protagonist of HBO’s Game Of Thrones, widely known for his humble nature.
- Atticus Finch – brave and honorable single father from Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Sam Winchester – monster hunter alongside his older brother Dean from the CW’s Supernatural.
- Albus Dumbledore – the headmaster of Hogwarts, the protagonist of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter.
Prince Caspian – one of the most beloved characters from C. S. Lewis’s fantasy series The Chronicles of Narnia, portrayed by Ben Barnes.