ENTPs are often considered genius people. Indeed, the Thinking (T) trait gives them the ability to think rationally and creatively at the same time. The most exciting thing about ENTPs is that they never refuse to share their knowledge and intelligence with others. Not surprisingly, plenty of famous ENTPs are scientists, inventors, or successful businessmen.
Bringing innovative ideas to life is so common in ENTPs that “the innovator” is the official nickname of this MBTI personality type. But besides, they are called the Debaters because they enjoy taking part in debates and proving their opinions with strong arguments.
Considering this, you can hardly find famous musicians, actors, or other celebrities that are believed to be ENTPs. But still, there are lots of exceptions even in Hollywood and famous people with ENTP personality types usually stand out with their intelligence and sophisticated humor.
List Of Famous ENTPs
ENTPs (Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving) make about 5-10% of the population, meaning that this personality type is quite rare. However, since famous politicians and well-known historical figures are usually people of rare talent, at a first glance, you may think that pop culture is full of ENTP people. Let’s take a look at famous actors, directors, athletes, politicians, historical figures, and fictional characters that are known as ENTPs.
Actors & Directors with ENTP Personality
The majority of ENTP actors in Hollywood are male stars with a great sense of humor. Usually, ENTPs are creative people but they prefer to use their talent in something different. Frequently, they find it hard to share others’ emotions, and sometimes it’s difficult for them to portray fictional characters of different nature. However, they can be amazing directors and create original stories.
- Neil Patrick Harris – American actor and comedian, famous for playing in the popular sitcom How I Met Your Mother (Gone Girl, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Smurfs).
- Rowan Atkinson – English actor and comedian, known for starring in sitcoms Blackadder and Mr. Bean (Johnny English, The Lion King, Scooby-Doo).
- Alfred Hitchcock – one of the most influential directors in the history of the movie industry (Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window, The Birds, Rebecca).
- Ashton Kutcher – American actor, popular for playing in romantic comedies (No Strings Attached, Just Married, Killers, What Happens in Vegas, The Butterfly Effect).
- Vince Gilligan – American director and writer, the best known for creating AMC’s TV shows Breaking Bad and its spin-off Better Call Saul.
- Terry Gilliam – a talented film director, producer, and actor (Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Brazil, 12 Monkeys, The Man Who Killed Don Quixote).
Politicians with ENTP Personality
ENTPs adore debating and convincing other people of what they think is right. Therefore, it’s not a big surprise that they can be great politicians. These people have the power to stand for their ideas and defend themselves to death in front of others. And that’s definitely a vital skill for politicians. As a result, they easily deserve trust from people. There are many famous people with ENTP personality types that managed the leading countries at different times.
- Benjamin Franklin – one of the most influential people in the history of the United States, the Founding Father of the country.
- Catherine the Great – the emperor and the longest-ruling female leader of Russia.
- Theodore Roosevelt – an American statesman, served as the president of the United States at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Newt Gingrich – American politician and author (Gettysburg: A Novel of the Civil War, Grant Comes East, Days Of Infamy).
- Mao Zedong – the founding father of the People’s Republic of China, a communist revolutionary.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Athletes with ENTP Personality
ENTPs are very active people in every aspect of life and sports is no exception. Since they are very intelligent people, they can be amazing chess players with the potential to become the world’s champions. But basketball, football, tennis, and other games of this kind are very common as well with famous people with ENTP personality types.
- Hikaru Nakamura – a talented chess player, the youngest American who received the title of Grandmaster.
- CM Punk – a retired mixed martial artist, currently a commentator of martial arts.
- Charles Barkley – former professional basketball player, currently a commentator of NBA.
- Jürgen Klopp – a former player of Premier League club Liverpool, currently a professional football manager.
- The Rock – a retired professional wrestler and football player, a global icon, and one of the most popular athletes of all time.
- Babe Ruth – American professional baseball player who played for 22 seasons.
Historical Figures with ENTP Personality
Many ENTPS have innovative ideas but not all of them manage to realize these ideas in life. However, those who shared their unique inventions with others indeed contributed to developing the world. Many famous philosophers, scientists, inventors, or historians share ENTP personalities, and here are some examples.
- Leonardo da Vinci – one of the most popular figures in the history of art, an Italian artist, scientist, and inventor.
- Socrates – an ancient Greek philosopher from Athens, one of the founders of Western philosophy.
- Richard Feynman – an American physicist, a famous figure of quantum mechanics.
- Niccolo Machiavelli – one of the most famous people of the Renaissance, a Florentine politician, diplomat, author, and historian.
Fictional Characters with ENTP Personality
ENTPs are amazing superheroes. That’s why many popular characters from either Marvel or DC comics are believed to be ENTP. Most fictional characters with ENTP personalities stand out with their logic and humor. They can be both antagonists and protagonists.
- Tony Stark – well-known “Iron Man”, a superhero of Marvel comics, a founding member of the Avengers, portrayed by Robert Downey Jr.
- The Joker – the most famous supervillain of DC comics, the main rival of Batman.
- Saul Goodman – a beloved fictional character of Vince Gilligan’s popular TV show Breaking Bad and its spin-off Better Call Saul, an ENTP just like the director.
- R2-D2 – a brave droid from Star Wars movies, served Padmé Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, and Luke Skywalker.
- Annie Hall – the main character and the protagonist of Woody Allen’s movie of the same name.
- Tyler Durden – the main character of David Fincher’s movie Fight Club, portrayed by Brad Pitt.