ENTPs are often considered genius people. Indeed, the Thinking (T) trait gives them the ability to think rationally and creatively at the same time. The most exciting thing about ENTPs is that they never refuse to share their knowledge and intelligence with others. Not surprisingly, plenty of famous ENTPs are scientists, inventors, or successful businessmen.
Bringing innovative ideas to life is so common in ENTPs that “the innovator” is the official nickname of this MBTI personality type. But besides, they are called the Debaters because they enjoy taking part in debates and proving their opinions with strong arguments.
Considering this, you can hardly find famous musicians, actors, or other celebrities that are believed to be ENTPs. But still, there are lots of exceptions even in Hollywood and famous people with ENTP personality types usually stand out with their intelligence and sophisticated humor.
- 1 List Of Famous ENTPs
- 2 ENTP Famous People: Overview
List Of Famous ENTPs
ENTPs (Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving) make about 5-10% of the population, meaning that this personality type is quite rare. However, since famous politicians and well-known historical figures are usually people of rare talent, at a first glance, you may think that pop culture is full of ENTP people. Let’s take a look at famous actors, directors, athletes, politicians, historical figures, and fictional characters that are known as ENTPs.
Actors & Directors with ENTP Personality
The majority of ENTP actors in Hollywood are male stars with a great sense of humor. Usually, ENTPs are creative people but they prefer to use their talent in something different. Frequently, they find it hard to share others’ emotions, and sometimes it’s difficult for them to portray fictional characters of different nature. However, they can be amazing directors and create original stories.
- Neil Patrick Harris – American actor and comedian, famous for playing in the popular sitcom How I Met Your Mother (Gone Girl, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Smurfs).
- Rowan Atkinson – English actor and comedian, known for starring in sitcoms Blackadder and Mr. Bean (Johnny English, The Lion King, Scooby-Doo).
- Alfred Hitchcock – one of the most influential directors in the history of the movie industry (Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window, The Birds, Rebecca).
- Ashton Kutcher – American actor, popular for playing in romantic comedies (No Strings Attached, Just Married, Killers, What Happens in Vegas, The Butterfly Effect).
- Vince Gilligan – American director and writer, the best known for creating AMC’s TV shows Breaking Bad and its spin-off Better Call Saul.
- Terry Gilliam – a talented film director, producer, and actor (Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Brazil, 12 Monkeys, The Man Who Killed Don Quixote).
Politicians with ENTP Personality
ENTPs adore debating and convincing other people of what they think is right. Therefore, it’s not a big surprise that they can be great politicians. These people have the power to stand for their ideas and defend themselves to death in front of others. And that’s definitely a vital skill for politicians. As a result, they easily deserve trust from people. There are many famous people with ENTP personality types that managed the leading countries at different times.
- Benjamin Franklin – one of the most influential people in the history of the United States, the Founding Father of the country.
- Catherine the Great – the emperor and the longest-ruling female leader of Russia.
- Theodore Roosevelt – an American statesman, served as the president of the United States at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Newt Gingrich – American politician and author (Gettysburg: A Novel of the Civil War, Grant Comes East, Days Of Infamy).
- Mao Zedong – the founding father of the People’s Republic of China, a communist revolutionary.
Athletes with ENTP Personality
ENTPs are very active people in every aspect of life and sports is no exception. Since they are very intelligent people, they can be amazing chess players with the potential to become the world’s champions. But basketball, football, tennis, and other games of this kind are very common as well with famous people with ENTP personality types.
- Hikaru Nakamura – a talented chess player, the youngest American who received the title of Grandmaster.
- CM Punk – a retired mixed martial artist, currently a commentator of martial arts.
- Charles Barkley – former professional basketball player, currently a commentator of NBA.
- Jürgen Klopp – a former player of Premier League club Liverpool, currently a professional football manager.
- The Rock – a retired professional wrestler and football player, a global icon, and one of the most popular athletes of all time.
- Babe Ruth – American professional baseball player who played for 22 seasons.
Historical Figures with ENTP Personality
Many ENTPS have innovative ideas but not all of them manage to realize these ideas in life. However, those who shared their unique inventions with others indeed contributed to developing the world. Many famous philosophers, scientists, inventors, or historians share ENTP personalities, and here are some examples.
- Leonardo da Vinci – one of the most popular figures in the history of art, an Italian artist, scientist, and inventor.
- Socrates – an ancient Greek philosopher from Athens, one of the founders of Western philosophy.
- Richard Feynman – an American physicist, a famous figure of quantum mechanics.
- Niccolo Machiavelli – one of the most famous people of the Renaissance, a Florentine politician, diplomat, author, and historian.
Fictional Characters with ENTP Personality
ENTPs are amazing superheroes. That’s why many popular characters from either Marvel or DC comics are believed to be ENTP. Most fictional ENTP characters stand out with their logic and humor. They can be both antagonists and protagonists.
- Tony Stark – well-known “Iron Man”, a superhero of Marvel comics, a founding member of the Avengers, portrayed by Robert Downey Jr.
- The Joker – the most famous supervillain of DC comics, the main rival of Batman.
- Saul Goodman – a beloved fictional character of Vince Gilligan’s popular TV show Breaking Bad and its spin-off Better Call Saul, an ENTP just like the director.
- R2-D2 – a brave droid from Star Wars movies, served Padmé Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, and Luke Skywalker.
- Annie Hall – the main character and the protagonist of Woody Allen’s movie of the same name.
- Tyler Durden – the main character of David Fincher’s movie Fight Club, portrayed by Brad Pitt.
Musicians with ENTP Personality
ENTPS are very creative people. However, they usually realize their creative potential into something practical and don’t think about writing music and expressing their feelings that way. As a result, there are not many ENTP celebrities in the music industry. Still, there are some famous musicians who combined their rational thinking skills with music and became worldwide notable musicians.
- Frank Zappa – American composer and songwriter, the leader of the band The Mothers Of Invention, famous for his musical virtuosity, nonconformity, and the development of comedy rock. Also known as ‘godfather of comedy rock’.
- Rita Lee – Brazilian singer, composer, and songwriter in the rock genre, who is also an animal rights activist, former member of the famous Brazilian rock band Os Mutantes.
- Celine Dion – Canadian pop singer and songwriter, one of the best-selling Canadian artists, best known for her outstanding vocals (“My Heart Will Go On”, “I’m Your Angel”, “The Power of Love”).
- PSY – South Korean rap singer, songwriter, and record producer, widely became famous for his hit song “Gangnam Style” in 2012, known for his satirical hip-hop style and humorous videos.
- Robbie Williams – a popular English singer and performer, became famous as a member of the pop group Take That, one of the best-selling musicians of the world (“Old Before I Die”, “Lazy Days”, “Angels”, “Let Me Entertain You”).
- Tom Waits – American singer, musician, and composer; one of the most prominent figures in modern jazz, blues, rock, and other experimental genres (“The Heart of Saturday Night”, “Step Right Up”, “Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis”).
Anime Characters with ENTP Personality
Although ENTP personality is rather rare compared to other MBTI types, many anime and manga characters tend to be ENTPs. It means that they are innovative, intelligent, and adore new experiences. Let’s see if your favorite anime characters share the personality type with you!
- Kokichi Oma – one of the antagonists of popular visual novel and game Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, titled as the Ultimate Supreme Leader.
- Ryuk – one of the most important characters of the popular Japanese manga series Death Note, a Shinigami who gave Light Yagami a Death Note.
- Satoru Gojo – a beloved character and a protagonist of the manga series Jujutsu Kaisen.
- Hisoka Morow – a character from the anime television series Hunter × Hunter, a former member #4 of the Phantom Troupe.
ENTP Famous People: Overview
ENTPS are naturally prone to success. They adore changing the usual path of leaving and frequently, they make amazing discoveries along the way. That’s how they become entrepreneurs, businessmen, or innovators. Since they enjoy debating on theoretical things, they make great politicians, leaders, and philosophers as well. Considering this, it’s no surprise that Socrates, Leonardo da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin, and Theodore Roosevelt are believed to have ENTP personalities.
However, politicians and philosophers are not the only categories of ENTP famous people. People with this personality type can also be great musicians, actors, or directors. The reason is their creative potential that needs to be realized in something practical. All these celebrities tend to be playful, amusing, and inspirational. Consequently, people easily fall in love with famous ENTPs.