INTJ is the third rarest personality from Myers-Briggs’ 16 personality types. Even more, only 0.5% of women are INTJs and it’s quite unlikely to meet INTJ women in your life. Still, there are plenty of famous people with INTJ personality types, including Hollywood celebrities, politicians, social activists, historical figures, musicians, and even fictional characters.
Before we move to the list of famous INTJ people, let’s review these people briefly. INTJs are also called Architects or Strategists. They are extremely creative and logical people at the same time. Therefore, the majority of them are very successful in everything they do. Although they have the Feeling (F) function, INTJs usually rely on logical information and facts rather than emotions and subjective thoughts. However, they like abstract arguments and concepts as well.
Since they use Introverted Feeling (Fi), INTJs don’t really enjoy expressing what they feel, despite the fact that they can experience diverse emotions. Being popular isn’t considered proper for this personality but there are examples of INTJs being actors, politicians, and even presidents.
- 1 List Of Famous INTJs
- 2 INTJ Famous People: Overview
List Of Famous INTJs
Thomas Jefferson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bill Gates, Hilary Clinton, and Jane Austin are some of the most popular examples of famous people with INTJ personality types. Let’s review widely known people with INTJ personality according to different categories.
Actors with INTJ Personality
The majority of INTJs value privacy and are extremely introverted people who feel uncomfortable in front of others. Therefore, it’s not likely that an average INTJ will become an actor or actress. But several INTJ celebrities decided to dedicate their careers to acting and turned out to be successful.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger – Austrian-American actor, producer, and body-builder (The Terminator, Predator, Commando, Total Recall).
- Russell Crowe – famous actor, director, and musician (Gladiator, Robin Hood, Noah, Les Miserables).
- Jodie Foster – actress, director, and producer (The Silence Of The Lambs, Taxi Driver, Panic Room, Flightplan, Nell).
- Ashley Olsen – former actress, fashion designer, and businesswoman, a twin sister of Mary-Kate Olsen (New York Minute, Holiday in the Sun, When in Rome, The Challenge).
- Colin Firth – Academy-award-winning actor from England (Bridget Jones’s Diary, The King’s Speech, Mamma Mia!, Love Actually).
Musicians with INTJ Personality
Unlike acting, INTJs are believed to be great musicians. Just a single look at the list below is enough to be sure that you actually possess unique musical skills. Their creativity and powerful intuition are probably some of the reasons why they can be successful singers or composers. Most importantly, they can express the hidden emotions in music.
- Ludwig van Beethoven – German composer and pianist, one of the most admired musicians across the world (Symphony No.9, Für Elise, Moonlight Sonata N.14).
- Erik Satie – French composer and pianist (Gymnopédies, Gnossiennes, Le Piccadilly, Je te veux).
- Jay Z – popular rapper and songwriter (Empire State of Mind, The Story of O.J., Niggas in Paris, Young Forever).
- David Bowie – one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century (Space Oddity, Rebel Rebel, Modern Love, Heroes, Ashes to Ashes).
- Avril Lavigne – former Canadian pop-punk singer (Complicated, Girlfriend, My Happy Ending, When You’re Gone).
- Roger Waters – co-founder of progressive rock band Pink Floyd.
Directors with INTJ Personality
Most filmmakers are classic perfectionists, having the highest standards possible while directing movies and desiring to stand out. They try their best to create something unique and are oriented towards goals. The same applies to INTJs. They are pure idealists. That’s why you shouldn’t be surprised by the fact that there are many famous people with INTJ personality types in Hollywood (including brother Nolans).
- Christopher Nolan – British American film director (Interstellar, Inception, Dark Knight trilogy, Tenet, Memento, The Prestige).
- Stanley Kubrick – American film director (2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut)
- David Fincher – American director (Fight Club, Se7en, Gone Girl, Mank, Panic Room, The Social Network, Zodiac).
- Joel Cohen – American film writer (No Country For Old Men, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Blood Simple).
- Jonathan Nolan – British American screenwriter, producer, and director, Christopher Nolan’s brother (Westworld, Person Of Interest, Interstellar, The Prestige)
- Michael Haneke – Austrian movie director and screenwriter (The Piano Teacher, The Funny Games, Happy End, The White Ribbon).
Politicians with INTJ Personality
Generally, INTJs are not very ambitious people. However, there are plenty of examples of INTJs in leadership positions. While many people believe that they are terrible politicians, some of them had successful political careers and were presidents of the United States.
- Vladimir Putin – former Prime Minister and current President of Russia since 2012.
- Hillary Clinton – American politician and former first lady of the United States.
- Woodrow Wilson – the 28th president of the United States, former leader of the Democratic Party.
- Thomas Jefferson – the third president and second vice president of the United States.
- Ulysses S. Grant – the 18th president of the United States, led the US to win the Civil War against the Confederates.
Fictional Characters with INTJ Personality
As we mentioned, INTJs are people with unique personalities. They tend to stand out in the crowd and are influential figures for others. As a result, there are many INTJ characters from famous books and movies.
- Katniss Everdeen – the main protagonist of Suzanne Collins’s The Hunger Games trilogy, portrayed by Jennifer Lawrance.
- Hannibal Lecter – a fictional serial killer who eats his victims, an influential antagonist of Thomas Harris’s novels, portrayed by Antony Hopkins.
- Clarice Starling – another character from Harris’ the Silence of the Lambs, protagonist woman who is surprisingly INTJ, just like Lecter. Jodie Foster who portrayed her is also an INTJ.
- Sherlock Holmes – the most famous fictional detective, created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Gandalf – the protagonist wizard from J. R. R. Tolkien’s novels The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
- Thomas Shelby – the main character of the TV series Peaky Blinders, a leader of the Birmingham criminal gang, portrayed by Cillian Murphy.
- Batman – one of the most popular superheroes of DC Comics.
Authors with INTJ Personality
INTJs are bookworms, always eager to have their noses in books and learn new things. Considering this, it’s not surprising that they are amazing writers. Many unique and original authors are believed to be INTJs.
- Ayn Rand – Russian-American writer and philosopher, developed philosophical system Objectivism, the author of The Fountainhead.
- Jane Austin – English novelist, famous for writing books about independent women (Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, Emma).
- C. S. Lewis – British fiction writer, famous for The Chronicles of Narnia, The Screwtape Letters, and The Space Trilogy.
Athletes with INTJ Personality
Since INTJs are strategic planners, most of the time they are good at sports. They develop unique techniques of playing in order to defeat the opponents and become winners. INTJ people are great at various sports such as chess, soccer, or wrestling. Let’s take a look at famous INTJ athletes.
- Bobby Fischer – one of the most popular chess players of the world, American chess player with the title of grandmaster and the 11th World Chess Champion.
- Josep “Pep” Guardiola – a Spanish former professional football player and former manager who played for famous football teams such as Barcelona, Manchester, and Bayern; current manager of Premier League club Manchester City.
- Seth Rollins – American professional wrestler, trainer, and actor, also known as the Architect or the Kingslayer (surprisingly, INTJs are also called the Architects). Currently, he’s signed to WWE and performs on the SmackDown brand.
- Lance Armstrong – American former professional cyclist, the only road racing rider who won 7 Tour de France titles.
Scientists with INTJ Personality
Did you know that the world’s most famous scientists and inventors are believed to have INTJ personalities? The reason is that they are excellent at gathering information, analyzing it, and turning it into something original. INTJ people look at the world from a completely unique perspective and as a result, they make excellent scientists, psychologists, or physicians.
- Nikola Tesla – one of the most famous inventors of the world, Serbian-American engineer and futurist who rose to fame for designing the modern AC electricity supply system.
- Charles Darwin – an author of the theory of evolution and natural selection, an English naturalist, and biologist who became famous for his contributions to evolution science.
- Stephen Hawking – English theoretical physicist, the head of research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology, and author of books such as A Brief History of Time, The Theory of Everything, or The Grand Design.
- Neil Armstrong – American astronaut and engineer who is widely known as a man who was first to walk on the Moon. He was an INTJ just like another famous Armstrong, Lance Armstrong.
INTJ Famous People: Overview
It’s hard to find a person with greater strategic skills than INTJs. They are creative, self-confident, hard-working, original, and dedicated to achieving their goals. They enjoy analyzing the world around them and setting clear goals in order to change something for good. Considering this, no one would be surprised by saying that the world’s most popular scientists, politicians, athletes, or directors are believed to be INTJs.
Stephen Hawking, Nikola Tesla, Bobby Fischer, Ayn Rand, Christopher Nolan, or Ludwig van Beethoven are just some of the INTJ people that fascinate people around the world. If you saw the entire list of famous INTJs, you’ll probably know that most INTJ famous people are true geniuses. They frequently take risks, take part in dangerous new activities but end up making revolutionary inventions.
Although most INTJ celebrities tend to focus on facts instead of emotions, still, there are millions of people that adore Jodie Foster, Ashley Olsen, Jay-Z, or other people from today’s pop industry. And fictional characters with INTJ personalities such as famous detective Sherlock Holmes, the villain Hannibal Lecter, or superhero Batman, tend to be very popular around the world.