INTJ is the third rarest personality from Myers-Briggs’ 16 personality types. Even more, only 0.5% of women are INTJs and it’s quite unlikely to meet INTJ women in your life. Still, there are plenty of famous people with INTJ personality types, including Hollywood celebrities, politicians, social activists, historical figures, musicians, and even fictional characters.
Before we move to the list of famous INTJ people, let’s review these people briefly. INTJs are also called Architects or Strategists. They are extremely creative and logical people at the same time. Therefore, the majority of them are very successful in everything they do. Although they have the Feeling (F) function, INTJs usually rely on logical information and facts rather than emotions and subjective thoughts. However, they like abstract arguments and concepts as well.
Since they use Introverted Feeling (Fi), INTJs don’t really enjoy expressing what they feel, despite the fact that they can experience diverse emotions. Being popular isn’t considered proper for this personality but there are examples of INTJs being actors, politicians, and even presidents.
List Of Famous INTJs
Thomas Jefferson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bill Gates, Hilary Clinton, and Jane Austin are some of the most popular examples of famous people with INTJ personality types. Let’s review widely known people with INTJ personality according to different categories.
Actors with INTJ Personality
The majority of INTJs value privacy and are extremely introverted people who feel uncomfortable in front of others. Therefore, it’s not likely that an average INTJ will become an actor or actress. But several INTJ celebrities decided to dedicate their careers to acting and turned out to be successful.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger – Austrian-American actor, producer, and body-builder (The Terminator, Predator, Commando, Total Recall).
- Russell Crowe – famous actor, director, and musician (Gladiator, Robin Hood, Noah, Les Miserables).
- Jodie Foster – actress, director, and producer (The Silence Of The Lambs, Taxi Driver, Panic Room, Flightplan, Nell).
- Ashley Olsen – former actress, fashion designer, and businesswoman, a twin sister of Mary-Kate Olsen (New York Minute, Holiday in the Sun, When in Rome, The Challenge).
- Colin Firth – Academy-award-winning actor from England (Bridget Jones’s Diary, The King’s Speech, Mamma Mia!, Love Actually).
Musicians with INTJ Personality
Unlike acting, INTJs are believed to be great musicians. Just a single look at the list below is enough to be sure that you actually possess unique musical skills. Their creativity and powerful intuition are probably some of the reasons why they can be successful singers or composers. Most importantly, they can express the hidden emotions in music.
- Ludwig van Beethoven – German composer and pianist, one of the most admired musicians across the world (Symphony No.9, Für Elise, Moonlight Sonata N.14).
- Erik Satie – French composer and pianist (Gymnopédies, Gnossiennes, Le Piccadilly, Je te veux).
- Jay Z – popular rapper and songwriter (Empire State of Mind, The Story of O.J., Niggas in Paris, Young Forever).
- David Bowie – one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century (Space Oddity, Rebel Rebel, Modern Love, Heroes, Ashes to Ashes).
- Avril Lavigne – former Canadian pop-punk singer (Complicated, Girlfriend, My Happy Ending, When You’re Gone).
- Roger Waters – co-founder of progressive rock band Pink Floyd.
Directors with INTJ Personality
Most filmmakers are classic perfectionists, having the highest standards possible while directing movies and desiring to stand out. They try their best to create something unique and are oriented towards goals. The same applies to INTJs. They are pure idealists. That’s why you shouldn’t be surprised by the fact that there are many famous people with INTJ personality types in Hollywood (including brother Nolans).
- Christopher Nolan – British American film director (Interstellar, Inception, Dark Knight trilogy, Tenet, Memento, The Prestige).
- Stanley Kubrick – American film director (2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut)
- David Fincher – American director (Fight Club, Se7en, Gone Girl, Mank, Panic Room, The Social Network, Zodiac).
- Joel Cohen – American film writer (No Country For Old Men, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Blood Simple).
- Jonathan Nolan – British American screenwriter, producer, and director, Christopher Nolan’s brother (Westworld, Person Of Interest, Interstellar, The Prestige)
- Michael Haneke – Austrian movie director and screenwriter (The Piano Teacher, The Funny Games, Happy End, The White Ribbon).
Politicians with INTJ Personality
Generally, INTJs are not very ambitious people. However, there are plenty of examples of INTJs in leadership positions. While many people believe that they are terrible politicians, some of them had successful political careers and were presidents of the United States.
- Vladimir Putin – former Prime Minister and current President of Russia since 2012.
- Hillary Clinton – American politician and former first lady of the United States.
- Woodrow Wilson – the 28th president of the United States, former leader of the Democratic Party.
- Thomas Jefferson – the third president and second vice president of the United States.
- Ulysses S. Grant – the 18th president of the United States, led the US to win the Civil War against the Confederates.
Fictional Characters with INTJ Personality
As we mentioned, INTJs are people with unique personalities. They tend to stand out in the crowd and are influential figures for others. Many famous book and movie characters are believed to be INTJs.
- Katniss Everdeen – the main protagonist of Suzanne Collins’s The Hunger Games trilogy, portrayed by Jennifer Lawrance.
- Hannibal Lecter – a fictional serial killer who eats his victims, an influential antagonist of Thomas Harris’s novels, portrayed by Antony Hopkins.
- Clarice Starling – another character from Harris’ the Silence of the Lambs, protagonist woman who is surprisingly INTJ, just like Lecter. Jodie Foster who portrayed her is also an INTJ.
- Sherlock Holmes – the most famous fictional detective, created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Gandalf – the protagonist wizard from J. R. R. Tolkien’s novels The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
- Thomas Shelby – the main character of the TV series Peaky Blinders, a leader of the Birmingham criminal gang, portrayed by Cillian Murphy.
- Batman – one of the most popular superheroes of DC Comics.
Authors with INTJ Personality
INTJs are bookworms, always eager to have their noses in books and learn new things. Considering this, it’s not surprising that they are amazing writers. Many unique and original authors are believed to be INTJs.
- Ayn Rand – Russian-American writer and philosopher, developed philosophical system Objectivism, the author of The Fountainhead.
- Jane Austin – English novelist, famous for writing books about independent women (Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, Emma).
- C. S. Lewis – British fiction writer, famous for The Chronicles of Narnia, The Screwtape Letters, and The Space Trilogy.