INTPs are intelligent, quiet, analytical, and ambitious people often called Logicians or Thinkers. Although this particular personality from Myers-Briggs’ 16 personality types is relatively rare, there are many actors, political figures, or fictional characters that are believed to have this personality.
Since the majority of actors are creative and think out of the box, it’s no wonder why INTP is a suitable personality for them. But in this article, we will also discuss politicians, historical figures, and even anime characters that are believed to be INTPs.
Famous people with INTP personality can hardly express their feelings. Also, they have trouble following the rules and prefer to create completely new, their own norms to change society. They are independent, loyal, and objective people and often have a big influence over the community.
- 1 List Of Famous INTPs
- 1.1 Actors with INTP Personality
- 1.2 Singers and Musicians with INTP Personality
- 1.3 Filmmakers with INTP Personality
- 1.4 Sports Athletes with INTP Personality
- 1.5 Politicians and Activists with INTP Personality
- 1.6 Historical Figures with INTP Personality
- 1.7 Movie Characters with INTP Personality
- 1.8 Anime Characters with INTP Personality
- 1.9 Writers and Journalists with INTP Personality
- 1.10 Businessmen with INTP Personality
- 2 INTP Famous People: Overview
List Of Famous INTPs
Considering the personality traits of INTPs, you won’t be surprised if we tell you that Albert Einstein, Carl Jung, and George Soros are believed to be INTPs (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving). Let’s take a look at the list of famous people with INTP personality including actors, athletes, politicians, historical figures, movie characters, and anime characters.
Actors with INTP Personality
Due to their creativity, many INTPs find their purpose in life in portraying fictional characters in movies or TV shows.
- Martin Freeman – English actor (The Hobbit film trilogy, Sherlock, The Office, Fargo).
- Charlotte Gainsbourg – English actress and singer (Jane Eyre, Nymphomaniac, Antichrist, Melancholia).
- Meryl Streep – American actress (The Devil Wears Prada, The Iron Lady, Out Of Africa, Kramer vs. Kramer).
- Bill Murray – American actor (Lost in Translation, Ghostbusters, Isle of Dogs, Groundhog Day).
- Cole Sprouse – American actor (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Riverdale, Five Feet Apart, Big Daddy).
- Elliot Page – Canadian actor (Juno, Inception, The American Crime, X-Men, The Days of Mercy).
For information on more actors with INTP personality.
Singers and Musicians with INTP Personality
Although they are introverted, it seems like some INTPs can overcome the fear of receiving attention from the crowd and enjoy performing on the stage.
- Liam Gallagher – English singer, former lead singer of the rock band Oasis.
- David Byrne – Scottish-American singer, lead singer, and guitarist of American art-rock Talking Heads.
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Russian composer and pianist (15 symphonies including Fifth, the Sevenths “Leningrad”, and the Thirteenth “Baby Yar”).
- Matt Bellamy – British singer-songwriter, lead singer, guitarist, and pianist of the rock band Muse.
- Kate Micucci – American actress and singer, famous for the musical comedy duo Garfunkel and Oates.
- Grimes – Canadian singer and songwriter (Genesis, We Appreciate Power, My Name Is Dark, Delete Forever).
Filmmakers with INTP Personality
Many famous people with INTP personality types found their inner elves in directing movies or writing scripts. Logical skills and analytical thinking often helps them to do so.
- David Cronenberg – Canadian director (The Fly, The Dead Zone, A History Of Violence, Dead Ringers).
- Christopher Walken – American actor and director (directed Popcorn Shrimp, played in Pulp Fiction, The Deer Hunter, Annie Hall).
- Ridley Scott – English director and producer (Alien, Blade Runner, Prometheus, Gladiator, The Martian).
- Woody Allen – American director (Annie Hall, Midnight In Paris, Hannah and Her Sisters, Manhattan).
Sports Athletes with INTP Personality
The majority of INTPs tend to be athletic. Despite their inattentive nature, they play different kinds of sports like soccer, basketball, or chess and sometimes even became champions due to their analytical skills.
- Cathy Freeman – Australian former sprinter, the eighth-fastest woman of all time.
- Alexandr Golovin – Russian football player, from French Ligue 1 club Monaco.
- C.J. McCollum – American professional basketball player, from NBA club Portland Trail Blazers.
- Daniel Naroditsky – American chess grandmaster and chess author.
- Bent Larsen – Danish chess grandmaster and author, a six-time Danish Champion.
Politicians and Activists with INTP Personality
INTPs are passionate to make a difference in the world. As a result, sometimes they get into leadership positions. Their desire to create new rules helps INTPs to become presidents or human rights activists as well.
- George Soros – Hungarian billionaire investor, political activist, and philanthropist.
- John Quincy Adams – American statesman, diplomat, and lawyer, the 6th president of the United States.
- James Madison – American statesman, and diplomat, the 4th president of the United States.
- Alan Greenspan – American economist, the former Chair of the Federal Reserve in the United States
- Gary Johnson – American businessman, politician and author, former presidential candidate.
Historical Figures with INTP Personality
Did you know that a great number of famous philosophers are INTPs? Since these people like theoretical concepts and are prone to argue about abstract ideas, it’s not a big surprise that they tend to be interested in philosophy. But there are presidents, scientists, emperors, and other political figures as well that are believed to be INTPs.
- Abraham Lincoln – the American politician, the 16th president of the United States, took part in the American Civil War.
- Albert Einstein – one of the greatest physicists of all time, developed the theory of relativity and received the Nobel Prize in Physics.
- Claudius – Roman emperor from AD 41 to 54.
- Immanuel Kant – the German philosopher, contributed to epistemology, ethics, and aesthetics.
- René Descartes – a French philosopher and mathematician, one of the founders of modern philosophy, developed analytical geometry.
- John Locke – English philosopher, known as the Father of Liberalism, influential Enlightenment thinker.
Movie Characters with INTP Personality
INTPsINTPs are thoughtful, brave, rational thinkers, and pragmatic people. That’s why many fictional characters from movies, TV shows, and animations have this personality type. All of these INTP characters are smart and sensible.
- Yoda – Legendary Grand Master of the Jedi, a fictional character in the Star Wars movies.
- Alice – a character from Walt Disney’s fantasy-adventure film Alice in Wonderland
- Neo – a cybercriminal and computer programmer, the main protagonist in The Matrix trilogy, portrayed by Keanu Reeves.
- Will Hunting – the main character from Gus Van Sant’s drama movie Good Will Hunting, portrayed by Matt Damon.
- Donnie Darko – a weird teenager, the protagonist and the main character of the sci-fi movie Donnie Darko, portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal.
- Smaug – the last great dragon of Middle-earth, the main antagonist in J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit.
- Ariadne – a graduate student of architecture, the character of Christopher Nolan’s Inception, portrayed by Ellen Page, who is also an INTP.
Anime Characters with INTP Personality
Not only movie characters, but there are also many INTP protagonists or antagonists from anime and manga series. It must be noted that L from the Death Note is an obvious INTP type.
- L – a fictional character from the manga series Death Note.
- Kakashi Hatake – a teacher of Team 7, a character of the Naruto anime series created by Masashi Kishimoto.
- Saiki Kusuo – the main protagonist and an introverted character from Saiki Kusuo Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan.
- Hitoshi Shinso – a student in the U.A. High School, the anti-hero from Boku no Hero Academia.
- Senku Ishigami – the main protagonist from the Dr. Stone series.
Writers and Journalists with INTP Personality
Journalism is considered the number one profession for people with INTP personalities. Writing requires a lot of inspirational ideas and imagination and these qualities are also present with INTPs. Therefore, it’s not surprising that there are a lot of INTP famous people that are widely known as journalists, authors, or TV hosts. They never hesitate to do in-depth research on the subject and provide informative work.
- Louis Theroux – British-American journalist, TV personality, writer, and documentary director, best known for documentaries such as The Most Hated Family in America or Extreme Love: Dementia.
- Harper Lee – a famous American author, widely known for her classic novel To Kill a Mockingbird which became a best-seller and its sequel Go Set a Watchman, won Pulitzer Prize in 1961.
- Randall Munroe – an American author, and cartoonist with a background in physics and robotics, rose to fame after creating an award-winning comic called xkcd.
- Richard Dawkins – British author and an evolutionary biologist, best known for his criticism of creationism, an emeritus of New College, Oxford.
Businessmen with INTP Personality
Since INTPs are some of the most creative and innovative personalities from the 16 types of MBTI, entrepreneurship is natural for them. They are keen learners, find it easy to generate new ideas and transform them into something practical. Consequently, a lot of successful businessmen are believed to be INTPs. Just take a look at the list below and you’ll believe that they are incomparable in their fields of work.
- Larry Page – American business magnate, entrepreneur, and computer scientist, widely known for being one of the co-founders of Google.
- Paul Allen – another American business magnate with INTP personality, computer programmer, investor, and researcher; best known for co-founding Microsoft Corporation alongside Bill Gates.
- Sergey Brin – one more INTP business magnate and computer scientist. He founded Google alongside Larry Page, also an INTP; The president of Google’s parent company Alphabet.
- Alex Becker – American internet entrepreneur guru who is widely known as a multimillionaire, an author, and speaker, the founder of the business email platform Market Hero and SEP software company Source Wave.
INTP Famous People: Overview
Many people believe that introverted people dislike being famous because they hate interacting with people and getting at the center of attention. However, there are plenty of INTP celebrities that are widely appreciated by fans. It seems like Martin Freeman, Elliot Page, Bill Murrey, Woody Allen, or C.J. McCollum doesn’t mind receiving attention from the audience because they often have to appear in front of the crowd.
INTPs are analytical people who tend to enjoy using their logic in everyday lives. They constantly question the purpose of living and trying to improve their lives. Excellent organizational skills, alongside orientation on details, often help them to achieve success. Just an example of George Soros who is believed to be an INTP is enough to be sure that they can use their full potential and put all their effort in order to achieve their goals, not to say anything about famous inventors such as Albert Einstein or philosophers such as Immanuel Kant.